Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a technically minded individual to join us as a Field Service Engineer located in the Basildon Area.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and/or repair faults to component level and effect repair on site, or whole unit replacement where required.
- Planned and regular maintenance of all on-site equipment.
- Provide site with any additional information or training. Advise users on basic operation of equipment.
- Regular liaison with the Engineering Scheduler. Close calls with the Engineering Scheduler as soon as these are completed.
- Provide the Engineering Scheduler with regular updates on progress, details of any other relevant issues, or further action to be taken.
- Carry out programme upgrades on site.
- Carry out data replication where required to preserve critical data.
- Full and detailed completion of all appropriate paperwork.
- Present a positive company image.
- Provide a timely, polite and efficient service.
- Provide on-call cover during evenings and weekends on a rotational basis.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a field based customer service engineering role, ideally in the retail/hospitality/leisure industry.
- Experience of maintaining and installing EPoS equipment.
- Background knowledge in computer hardware (Epos, pc's, pc peripherals, IP networks)
- Clean driving licence is essential.
- PC literate (all MS Office suite) and aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work.
If you are interested, please apply in writing with a current CV and salary expectations.