Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our finance department as a finance assistant, based at our Derby site. Working across all the Barron McCann Group of companies, the successful candidate should be self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Role and responsibilities
Credit control and sales ledger
- Chasing and collecting Sales Ledger debt via the telephone, written letters and email etc. Proactive monitoring of debt levels and debtor days performance on a daily basis.
- Approval and opening of new customer accounts on the system, reviewing accounts for credit worthiness and setting credit limits. Continuous review and monitoring and approval of sales orders.
- Review and authorise all sales orders, sales invoices, credit notes and statements raised, ensuring they are accurate prior to release, to the customer.
- Proactive approach to credit control. Ensuring invoices such as contract invoices are issued in a timely manor to facilitate payment within terms. Stock related sales orders and stock locations are reviewed frequently to ensure invoices are raised at the earliest possible instance.
- Creation of sales ledger invoices and credit notes as and when required. Processing of posted sales invoices on the customer portals.
- Perform reconciliations against customer orders and sales ledger reconciliations.
- Forecast accurate cash collections on a weekly, monthly and longer term basis.
- Update, review and issue the disputes and deferrals lists and take a proactive approach to dispute resolution.
- Where required initiate proceedings to ensure outstanding debts are bought to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Sales ledger cut off, close and end of month routines
- Conduct regular meetings with BM personnel to ensure disputed debt is collected efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Providing cover on all aspects of the purchase ledger function to include but not limited to the following.
- Processing of invoices and credits, expenses and Barclaycards prior to and after posting to the system.
- Liaison with the purchasing teams, individuals responsible for raising purchase orders, department managers and other key interfaces to resolve queries via phone, email or in person.
- Approval of the creation of new supplier accounts.
- Maintaining all the purchase ledger records, files and spreadsheets and other financial schedules
- Cover for the treasury and banking, including posting the daily bank statements and reconciling bank statements.
- The role will involve working on and cover for all areas within the Finance dept. and other areas of admin as and when required.
The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant experience within a busy and demanding credit control and sales ledger environment is essential.
- Experience of purchase ledger is desirable.
- Experience of treasury and general ledger would be beneficial.
- Proven track record of timely collections from large and complex organisations.
- Proven track record of working within strict deadlines and timescales.
- A feeling of responsibility and ownership of the role and all of its tasks.
- An experienced self starter.
- Works efficiently in a team and individually.
- A solid departmental contributor and worker.
- Good attention to detail and problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- To be flexible and proactive in your approach to the role the department and its requirements.
- Strong MS office product set skills, predominantly Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience of Navision would be beneficial.