Barron McCann Ltd is an independent IT Service Provider offering a range of IT support services from help desk through to rapid response on-site repair and maintenance; our customers are some of the most prestigious names on the high street.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join our finance department as an finance assistant, based at our Derby site. Working across all the Barron McCann Group of companies, the successful candidate should be self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Role and responsibilities
- Processing of invoices and credits, expenses and Barclaycards prior to and after posting to the system.
- Administering and processing, coding and collating company expense claims and credit card expenditure in accordance with company policy from coding, checking, processing through to payment.
- Forecasting payments and creating and completing payment runs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaison with the purchasing teams, individuals responsible for raising purchase orders, department managers and other key interfaces to resolve queries via phone, email or in person.
- Ensuring strict deadlines are adhered to, distribution of invoices and receipt of statements from suppliers.
- Purchase ledger cut off, close and end of month routines.
- Approval of the creation of new supplier accounts.
- Maintaining all the purchase ledger records, files and spreadsheets and other financial schedules.
Credit control and sales ledger
- Providing cover on all aspects of credit control and sales ledger to include but not limited to the following.
- Chasing and collecting Sales Ledger debt via the telephone, written letters and email etc. Proactive monitoring of debt levels and debtor days performance on a daily basis.
- Create, review or authorise sales ledger invoices and credit notes as and when required, ensuring they are accurate prior to release.
- Perform reconciliations against customer orders and sales ledger reconciliations.
- Forecast accurate cash collections on a weekly, monthly and longer term basis.
- Treasury and banking, including posting the daily bank statements and reconciling bank statements.
- The role will involve working on and cover for all areas within the Finance dept. and other areas of admin as and when required.
The successful candidate should have:
- Relevant experience within a busy and complex purchase ledger environment is essential.
- Experience of treasury and general ledger is desirable.
- Experience of credit control and sales ledger would be beneficial.
- Ability to demonstrate experience gained from other areas of the finance function.
- Proven track record of working within purchase ledger strict deadlines.
- A feeling of responsibility and ownership of the role and all of its tasks.
- An experienced self starter.
- Works efficiently in a team and individually.
- A solid departmental contributor and worker.
- Good attention to detail and problem solving capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- To be flexible and proactive in your approach to the role the department and its requirements.
- Strong MS office product set skills, predominantly Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience of Navision would be beneficial.